What a wonderful workshop with the natural chef Claudia Martinez!
Thank you Claudia to share with us this yummy way to prepare soup along all the winter!
- Yields: 2 liters
- 2 onions, coarsely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 carrots, coarsely chopped
- 4 springs fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 & 1/2 L water
- Put all ingredients into a stock pot. Bring to a bubble then simmer gently uncovered for 1-2 hours. The stock should taste slightly sweet.
- Strain thought a fine mesh strainer. Cool and refrigerate or freeze
Recipe for the Parsnip Soup
- Yields: 4
- 1tbs coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 750 gr parsnip, peeled, large dice
- 2 onions, finely diced
- 1 celery rib, finely diced
- A few springs of fresh rosemary, finely diced
- 1 L vegetable stock
- 200 ml almond milk
- 1-2 tsp lemon juice
- Ground pepper
- Pre heat oven to 180C
- Peel and chop the parsnip, toss in 1/2 tbs coconut oil and salt and roast in oven for 20 min.
- Meanwhile heat the rest of the coconut oil in a large pan. Over a medium heat cook the onions and celery for 10 min until softened. Add salt and rosemary and cook for 2-3 minutes
- Add the roasted parsnip, the stock, bring stock to bubbling and simmer for a few minutes
- Remove from the heat, allow to cool for a few minutes, then pour into a jug blender or blitz with a hand blender till silky smooth. Add the almond milk and blend again. Taste and if needs brightening add lemon juice, pinch salt and some black pepper. Return to the heat and keep warm until ready to serve.
Source: Ceri Jones, natural chef
ABOUT THE CHEF: CLAUDIA MARTINEZ
An eclectic and curious globetrotter. The magic of cooking took me to a place where my original background as chemical engineer mutated into alchemy, allowing my self to find and live my dharma. As alchemist I’m passionate bringing the elements from the soil into dishes to nurture the soul. This has been a 7 years journey with an interest for understanding the culture and traditions in the kitchens around the globe, the connexion with the mother earth and the sacred moment of sharing food with family and friends around the table. I’m a trained Natural Chef from the College of Naturopathic Medicine in London.