A tasty side perfect for your dinner ready in 10 minutes!
- 1 bunch of Asparagus
- 1 lemon
- 1 nutmeg
- Raw salt
- 3 tbs extra-virgin olive oil
In a pan cover the asparagus with water and cook with a lib for 5 minutes with 3 pinches of salt. Then take of the lib and cook until the water is evaporated. Add the olive oil and roast the asparagus until they become gold.
Layout the asparagus in a nice plate and cover with grated nutmeg and the zest of the lemon. Taste and add salt if necessary.
This is a easy and delicious side with cheese or eggs.
And not only is asparagus delicious—it’s also packed with health benefits:
1. Asparagus is a very good source of fiber, folate, vitamins A, C, E and K, as well as chromium, a trace mineral that enhances the ability of insulin to transport glucose from the bloodstream into cells.
2. It is particularly rich source of glutathione, a detoxifying compound that helps break down carcinogens and other harmful compounds like free radicals.
3. Asparagus is packed with antioxidants
4. It’s a natural diuretic: It contains high levels of the amino acid asparagine, which serves as a natural diuretic, and increased urination not only releases fluid but helps rid the body of excess salts.